What are Personal Data?
When do we collect Personal Data and what data do we collect?
We may collect Personal Data when you use the services available on the Website such as:
• Visiting the Website
• Creation and management of an account on the Website
• Registration to a newsletter
• Registration and participation in, directly or indirectly, any tournament available
• Contacting our services
(hereinafter the « Services »).
For any Service that you may use, we only collect the data that is strictly necessary (i) for the delivery of the Services, (ii) for the performance of a contract for which you are party, (iii) for which you have given consent for such processing of your data, or (iv) for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Personal Data collected therefore differs from one User to another, depending on the number of Services used by each User. Personal Data that we may collect through the use of the Services are for example: your IP address, your name, your email, your age, your birthdate, your address, etc.
When you visit the Website or use some Services, we may install and store cookies on your terminal equipment (e.g.: computer, mobile). A cookie is a small text file of limited size that is stored on your terminal equipment when you visit an internet website.
What are the purposes of collecting your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data may be collected for the following purposes, depending on the Services you use:
• Providing Services or information that you request
• Performing technical and administrative features of the Website
• Management of your user account and associated preferences
• Provision of an instant messaging service
• Monitoring and analysis the use of the Services by Users
• Measure the audience of the Website
• Sending targeted commercial offers by email
• Management to your newsletters subscription, notification by email
• Sharing information with tournaments organizers for the tournaments in which you participate in
• Reply to a request from of an administrative authority or a judicial authority, in compliance with the legislation in force.
Personal Data collected for the purpose of using the Services is necessary to provide you with the Services you use.
Indirect collection of your Personal Data. For team tournaments, a member of the team can register all members of its team for the tournament. It is not necessary that every member of the team has a Battle of Legends account when registering for such tournament. An email will be sent to all members of the team to inform them of their registration to the tournament. Should you desire to object against the storage of your Personal Data, contact us by email at email@example.com.
Newsletters and commercial offers. Prior any direct marketing or commercial operation (for example for sending the newsletters or commercial offers), we will first obtain your consent, either when creating your account on the Website or later by indicating your choice in your account settings. You will always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, directly by clicking on the unsubscribe link available on each email received, by modifying your account settings, or by contacting us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
Your rights. In accordance with the legislation in force, you have a right to access, to rectify and to object data concerning you. You can access and change the information and preferences you provided when you created your account in your account page or by contacting us at the address below.
Right to object. To the extent permitted by law, at the exception of the processing for which there are compelling and legitimate grounds for the processing of your Personal Data, you can, at any time, object the processing of your Personal Data, in particular for data processed for direct marketing or commercial purposes.
Right to restriction of processing. You can request from us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data where one of the following applies or for any other case provided by the applicable legislation:
• You oppose the erasure of your Personal Data and request the restriction of their use instead their erasure in the event that the processing is unlawful (for example in the event that a malevolent person has created an account with information related to you such as your email address or other personal data)
• You contest the accuracy of the Personal Data, for a period where we will verify the accuracy of the data we collected
• The Personal Data are no longer needed for the purposes of the processing, but you require that we store them for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
In the event a processing has been restricted, your Personal Data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest.
In the event the restriction of processing is lifted, we will inform you by the most appropriate mean (for example by email or mail).
Right to data portability. We grant you the possibility to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can exercise this right in your account page or contact us at the address indicated below.
Right to erasure. You can exercise your right to erase your Personal Data in your account page, in the “Delete” panel. The erasure of your Personal Data applies to all data that you have provided, with the exception of the pseudonym which has been used for tournaments in which you have registered or for those you have actually participated. The storage of the pseudonym has for purpose to preserve the integrity of the tournament results, and for historical and archival purposes.
In the event that you would like to erase your pseudonym, you must contact us by email before erasing your account. We will send you a reply within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests.
Exercise of your rights. You can exercise your rights by contacting us by mail or by email at the following address:
D-15, Sector 6, Noida UP
E-mail : email@example.com
In order to ensure the confidentiality and the protection of personal data, a copy of an identity document must also be included in the application.
To the extent permitted by applicable legislation, where requests from a data subject are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, we can refuse to act on the request or charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information requested.
Should you still be unsatisfied by the reply, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (e.g.: the French CNIL - Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés).
What are the particularities concerning children’s rights?
To access and use our Services, children aged under 16 years old must be authorized by their legal representative (for example by their father, mother, legal guardian or any other legal representative holding the parental responsibility).
When a child aged under 16 years old wants to register an account on the Website, we make reasonable efforts to verify that the access and the use of the Services have been authorized by the legal representative of the child. We reserve the right to request written parental consent of the legal representative at any time.
To verify that a child is under 16 years old, the child must, during the creation of its account, certify that he has obtained the authorization of its legal representative.
How long is your data stored?
* Your Personal Data is stored in a technical secured environment.
* Depending on the processing of your Personal Data, the data may be subject to a different storage period.
* Most of your Personal Data are stored for duration of five (5) years from your last use of the Website, or a Service.
* However, the IP address we collect during your visit is stored for a period of one year.
* At the end of the storage period, the Personal Data are purged and therefore deleted from our database.
Who are the recipients of your data?
We may transmit to our processors and partners the processing of your Personal Data, according to our instructions. In addition, when you register to a tournament available on Battle of Legends, you accept that the tournament organizer will have access to the data you entered when you registered to the tournament.
The recipients of your data are:
• Tournament organizers
• Website moderation service
• Computer security service of the Website
• Police authorities in the context of judicial requisitions concerning fraud or any other legal grounds
• Administrative and judicial authorities concerning requests related to the investigation or the identification of a person, in strict compliance with the legislation in force
• The companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, of the group
We also work with processors for the following operations:
• Computer hosting
• Computer security
• Collection of customer opinions
• Statistics analysis
• Email and newsletters management
We do not sell your Personal Data to any advertisers or any third party. We use your Personal Data to display relevant advertisements, based on your preferences. We make reports related to the advertisement campaigns, in particular statistics, without any reference or information related to the personal data of visitors or users of the Website. You can also block advertising cookies in the dedicated “cookies” page.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
We take various measures to ensure the security of your data against the loss, unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Data and in particular:
• Users password are encrypted in the database
• The TLD protocol is used for forms containing Personal Data, allowing data encryption on the network
• Access to personal data is strictly reserved to persons authorized for the performance of their missions
• Ilumtur Services has ensured that processors undertake to respect data security and confidentiality
• All Ilumtur Services employees working on the Website are aware of the protection of personal data through training, newsletters and team meetings.
We reserve the right to make changes in this Data Protection Policy. In case of a substantial modification such as the addition of a new purpose, we will provide you with information about this new purpose beforehand. This is to make sure you have a reasonable timeframe to exercise your right in accordance with applicable law and regulations. We nonetheless encourage you to regularly review this Data Protection Policy in order to take note of the ways and means of protecting your personal data.